Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Hunger Games:D

YAY!! This is one of my favorite topics EVER!!!! Now, not to be confused with my sister (she isn't  impressed with the series) I am obsessed with the Hunger Games. I bought the book a while back and I finished it in a day. I finished the whole series in two days. I didn't like the 3rd book as much... the 1st book was definitely the best but the 2nd book is amazing as well.


Peeta is amazing. Gale is amazing. I'm not going to say that I'm on team Peeta, (although I love him) because this is not the Twilight series. I'm sick of people making the connection because they are NOTHING alike. I'm just going to stop talking about Twilight because it's contaminating my thoughts about the Hunger Games.

So, for those of you who have not read the amazing series, I'll sum it up for you. It takes place in the ruins of North America. Panem is created, and made of 13 districts and the Capitol. The districts had an uprising against the capitol but they were all defeated, and district 13 destroyed. In result of the uprising, and as punishment against the districts, the Capitol created the Hunger Games. In the Hunger Games both a girl and a boy from the ages of 12 to 18 participate. All 24 of them are put into an arena that could be filled with anything (a desert to an icy wasteland) and they have to fight to the death.

Katniss, a 16 year old girl who grew up in the Seam in District 12, has to hunt in order for her family to survive. The story is about Katniss in the Hunger Games. Hehe...there's a really cute love triangle too. Peeta is amazing. I can't wait!!!!

Anyway, I decided to write this post because the movie is coming out on March 23rd. First day of spring break for me. I am so excited. I hope I can go to the midnight showing. I am so obsessed with this book I look up all the trailers for the movie, all the actors, anything having to do with the Hunger Games.  The premiere was yesterday... I was so jealous of everyone who got to go. Please read the book. You won't be able to put it down. I love it. (I've probably read it about 5 times in the past few weeks)

Jennifer Lawrence plays Katniss. Josh Hutcherson plays Peeta. Liam Hemsworth plays Gale.

Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.
(Excited scream)


Trailer:



Woooww.. I get shivers just watching them. 

UPDATE:
I can't go to the midnight showing... I guess the odds are not in my favor.... It sucks because it's on a Thursday night (which is a school night) and I have a math test the next day. Now I'm very sad. I hear that the movie is supposed to be AMAZING. Also, I forced my mom to read the whole series! I think she liked it. It's a pretty gory book. I've been making a lot of gifs lately, mostly about the hunger games. Here's one:
I Loaf Peeta!
This is the way I portray myself in drawing form. (Same girl as the logo for Kool Asian Kids) My shirt says I loaf Peeta...... Yeah, I know....It's super corny, but I've seen worse. Example:

Pretty corny right? (I guess you wouldn't get it if you didn't read the book, but the character above is the guy who plays Peeta Mellark. Peeta Mellark loves Katniss, and he's a baker, hence the picture above)
 Finnick is amazing. Finnick is so sweet and awesome and can survive on his own. I think I like him better than Peeta. I hope they choose someone good to play him in Catching Fire. (PLEEASEE don't make it Alex Pettyfer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment